Wednesday, February 17, 2010

week 3

I don’t think the documentation with MLA or APA is too difficult or vary too much. There seem to be just few differences. I am use to the MLA format and really like. I guess because it is the way I have written form High School on. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the APA format. I think my biggest problem with that is separating the different topics whereas with MLA it just seems to flow in one method. Now I understand since the Professor explained that APA is more of the science writing format and MLA is more of the humanities. I will most definitely use MLA in the future unless I am forced to do APA. All documentation is vital to research in order to back up your facts and obtain credibility. The easiest documentation for me seems to be online sources; the most difficult is citing them. Many resources are readily available such as: online journals, articles, blogs, news sources, and books. The internet has made finding sources much easier as well citing them. Here is a web site to back up my thoughts.
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/rusa/sections/history/resources/pubs/usingprimarysources/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment