Tuesday, February 2, 2010

unit 1

My name is Seth Weimer, I’m 33 years old, married, have one child and live in Southern California. I am a construction superintendent and have been in the construction field for 13 years. Of those thirteen years, I have been a building superintendent for six. The last few years have been rough on a lot of industries; the construction industry being one of the hardest hit. In 2007 I was laid off form the home builder that I had worked for, for 5 years. I was lucky enough to pick up anther job as a building superintendent in the commercial industry, but even this area of construction has greatly slowed down.
School has never been my strong point, but in order to keep up with the construction industry, I realize that further education is required. For this reason I have chosen National University for my Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering (BS degree). Having this degree will not only build my self esteem, but educate me, while opening up many other career opportunities. A Bachelor’s in Construction Engineering degree can be used for many other jobs as well, such as: a traffic collision office, building designs engineer and materials engineering, just to name a few. Although my goal is to us this degree for construction, it is good to know I have other options.
I hope that by further educating myself, I will learn the tools I need to get back into the construction industry for further advancement. Having a Bachelor’s in Construction Engineering will allow me to get a job paying at least a hundred thousand or more while allowing me to stay in the career field I so greatly enjoy. Although this industry has dropped dramatically history has shown it will come back around, and I would like to be ready for when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment